1. An over-hyped classic you never really liked :
(That's putting it mildly.) I loathe Wuthering Heights. And now I can say that because I have read it.
2. Favorite time period to read about :
I am assuming this refers to a literary/historical period. I probably can find something about every period that would make it a favorite - which changes with the seasons - but I hardly can say which one I like more.
While I do appreciate the Ancients, they may be my least favorite. And then modern or contemporary, though that may be because I have spent the least time with the moderns; however, that is changing, too.
Maybe I can narrow it down to Medieval, Colonial and Pioneer America, Victorian England, and Early 1900s America.
3. Favorite fairytale :
Not too much of a fairytale person, and I do not know if this is a fairy tale : I remember my dad narrating the story of Jack and the Bean Stalk over and over and over again when I was a kid. I was fascinated by Jack escaping the giant just in time.
4. What is the most embarrassing classic you have not read?
For the longest time it was Wuthering Heights. Now I embarrassed to admit that I have not read any Sherlock Holmes, or Homer, Dante, or Virgil, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, or any of the actual plays of Shakespeare.
5. Top five classics you want to read :
- The Little House series - Laura Ingalls Wilder (I am craving this and I want to stop everything and read it all over again.)
- This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald (I'm re-reading this for Hamlette's read-along, beginning in June.)
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (I've decided to re-read this, too, for summer.)
- The Diary of Anne Frank (I should just re-read it this summer also.)
6. Favorite modern book or series based on a classic :
This I have nothing.
7. Favorite movie version or TV series based on a classic :
I love them all the same: Far From the Madding Crowd, Doctor Zhivago, Pride and Prejudice, War and Peace, Gone With the Wind, The Last of the Mohicans, To Kill a Mockingbird, North and South, Out of Africa, A Tale of Two Cities, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and The Crucible.
8. Worst classic to movie adaptation :
Madam Bovary 2015. Absolutely horrid! : P
9. Favorite editions you would like to collect more of :
The Puffin in Bloom collection. I only have a smorgasbord of used books, none of the Puffin in Bloom. I do have many of the Barnes and Noble Classics because they are affordable.
10. An under-hyped classic :
This one I am stuck on. I'll think . . .
TAGGING . . . ANYONE WHO FEELS COMPELLED TO ANSWER THE CALL. : )