Mother's Day Freebie: Books for a Mother's Soul
Of the books I own and have read, these first five books encouraged me - the (home schooling) mom - and have inspired my heart in some good way.
The other seven (I know, I could not stop at five) also touched my heart (and not always in a joyful or peaceful way either): some were narrated by a child, some demonstrated the vulnerability of a child, and others featured the relationship between a mother (or foster mother) and a child. These are books that may affect a mother quite differently than a reader who is not.
1. Honey for a Child's Heart - Gladys Hunt
2. When You Rise Up - RC Sproul, Jr.
3. The Mother at Home - John S.C. Abbott
4. "Don't Make Me Count to Three!"
A Mom's Look at Heart-Oriented Discipline - Ginger Plowman
5. A Mom Just Like You: The Home Schooling Mother -
Vickie Farris and Jayme Farris Metzgar
7. Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe
8. Little Woman - Louisa May Alcott
9. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
11. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
12. The Little House series - Laura Ingalls Wilder