Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Mother's Day Freebie

Mother's Day Freebie: Books for a Mother's Soul

Of the books I own and have read, these first five books encouraged me - the (home schooling) mom - and have inspired my heart in some good way.  

The other seven (I know, I could not stop at five) also touched my heart (and not always in a joyful or peaceful way either): some were narrated by a child, some demonstrated the vulnerability of a child, and others featured the relationship between a mother (or foster mother) and a child.  These are books that may affect a mother quite differently than a reader who is not.  

1. Honey for a Child's Heart - Gladys Hunt

2. When You Rise Up - RC Sproul, Jr. 

3. The Mother at Home - John S.C. Abbott

4. "Don't Make Me Count to Three!
A Mom's Look at Heart-Oriented Discipline - Ginger Plowman

5. A Mom Just Like You: The Home Schooling Mother - 
Vickie Farris and Jayme Farris Metzgar

6. Anne Frank's Diary - Anne Frank

7. Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe

8. Little Woman - Louisa May Alcott

9. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens

10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith

11. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

12. The Little House series - Laura Ingalls Wilder


4 comments:

  1. THE LITTLE HOUSE SERIES. That is all. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting concept. I will be reading (almost) everything by Charles Dickens, and I will be alert for characters/themes related to your posting: mothers. Thanks for your motivational posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope someday to have read almost everything of Dickens, too.

      Delete