Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: "Judge a Book by Its Cover"

Cover Theme Freebie: "Judge a Book by its Cover"

I have to complain a little.  There are not many books I own in the specific editions I would have chosen had I purchased them brand new.  Most of my books are ex-library or used book sales.  I did find at least more than ten that stand out the most.  Obviously, I am drawn to painted artwork.  I prefer simple designs and rich color, but I do not have a great collection of books worthy to be judged based on their covers.  These are ones that I visually appreciate the most:

















5 comments:

  1. HAVE YOU READ JOHN ADAMS YET? I HAVE SLIPPED INTO ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT IS INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have not, though it would be a good idea if I did this summer because I'm beginning a Revolutionary America year with my kids this fall. I kept my summer open for reading, so maybe I can start it. My son read 1776 several years ago, and he said it was very well done.

      Delete
    2. I've started 1776. John Adams is better. :)

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for a good cover. I especially like the books that use classical art. Another are the books that use classic photographs on their covers.

    ReplyDelete