Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books On My Spring TBR

Ten (well, eight) Books On My Spring TBR

I'm reading some chunksters right now (or quite soon), so I didn't make it to ten; it would be a miracle to get through all of these during spring.  

The Brothers Karamazov - Dostoyevsky
Still reading this.  Hope to be done by end of spring.

The Book of Pirates - Pyle
Reading this very slowly with my nine-year old.

Wuthering Heights - Bronte
Can not wait to get to this to see what all the kerfuffle is about.

Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
Looking forward to this, finally.

The Old Man and the Sea - Hemingway
Rereading this again - this time to my kids.  
Excited to see what they think.

The Peloponnesian War - Thucydides
NOT looking forward to this.

The Kite Runner - Hosseini
MUST READ THIS ASAP!

The Republic - Plato
Don't know what to say about this,
except I probably won't get to it until summer.


7 comments:

  1. I too am trying to finish TBK, but I will take some time!! I will be really interested in your thoughts on Wuthering Heights!You are already contemplating Plato and I am struggling to finish The Histories, though I am LOVING it!! Time is really really needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relieved several of you are enjoying Histories. Yeah, I cannot wait to start WH. : )

      Delete
  2. Excellent choices. I loved the Brothers K. Wuthering Heights not so much, but still glad I read it. Mere Christianity is brilliant. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever met people who either LOVE WH or absolutely HATE it. I wonder where I will end up?

      Delete
  3. Now that's a TBR list!!

    Good luck. I was hoping to join in the Thucydides readalong, but I've got too much on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!

      No problem. I know all about having too much on one's plate.

      Delete
  4. Chunksters is right! Your list reminds me that I am really overdue to read Mere Christianity again. It's been years. My sister has recommended the Kite Runner. You'll have to tell me what you think. I am also interested in what you think of Wuthering Heights because that is one of my top five reads.

    ReplyDelete