Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Woolfalong Reading Challenge 2016


Heavenali is hosting the #Woolfalong Reading Challenge in 2016, and I'm in.  I do want to read more Woolf, though I won't be doing all of the categories.  All three of these are on my Classics Club list, and this challenge encourages me to read them sooner than later.  Rules: HERE.

My reading list looks like this, at this time:
January/February: To the Lighthouse 
March/April:  Night and Day 
September/ October:  A Room of One's Own  

8 comments:

  1. I'll be reading Night And Day with you all at this stage. I'll see about another one as the year progresses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read the last one on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian, I don't know why I thought you had read more Woolf. Anyway, I've only read two.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for highlighting the Woolf challenge (which I may join if I can fit it into my 2016 reading schedule); in any case, I look forward to seeing what you have to say about the three novels you've selected, and I wonder if you considered choosing Mrs. Dalloway (my favorite by Woolf). BTW, I have launched a blog dedicated to the classics, and I hope you (and your many visitors) will stop by now and then: http://invitationtotheclassics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first Woolf was Mrs. Dalloway, and I struggled with it. I later watched The Hours, a movie based on Mrs. Dalloway, and I really got a sense for the life of Virginia Woolf. I wanted to give her another chance. I really liked The Voyage Out.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're joining this too - I'm really excited for it, it's such a good challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, o. I wish I could have read more, but I have taken on too much already.

      Delete