Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best Books Read in 2015


Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015
(in some kind of order) 

10. My Experiments With Truth - Gandhi
(This biography was impressive.)



9.   Howards End - E.M. Forster


8.  Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe


7.  Lord of the Flies - William Golding


6.  All Quiet on the Western Front - Erich Maria Remarque


5.  Persuasion - Jane Austen


4.  Life and Times of Frederick Douglass - Frederick Douglass
and
Up From Slavery - Booker T. Washington
(I could not decide)


3.  Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl - Harriet Jacobs


2.  Walden - Henry David Thoreau


1. The Little House Series - Laura Ingalls Wilder



10 comments:

  1. I'm glad Thoreau and Austen made the cut! But I completely understand your #1 selection. I'm excited to reread them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About #1: Me, too. If reading is an escape, then those are the stories that make everything else disappear.

      Delete
  2. I read All Quiet on the Western Front this year too and I was blown away by it! It's beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it looks like you've been enjoying the biographies much more than I have. I did LOVE Up From Slavery and The Story of My Experiments With Truth though. I completely endorse your #1 choice. I must read them again and sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry you are not enjoying them. Who knows: maybe you'll find a few other favorites.

      I know you did not want to compound your reading challenges next year, but you could also add the LH reading challenge...one book a month...

      Delete
    2. Yikes, I'd forgotten about that challenge. Thanks, Ruth! ;-) Hee, hee ......

      Delete
  4. What a fine list! I'm glad to see Jane Austen's book included; Persuasion is my favorite Austen novel, but I know that many readers prefer others. All the best from R.T. at Beyond Eastrod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to restart Walden someday. I was 4/5 done, and left it on a plane. Never took it up again. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bummer. Well, I hope whoever got your copy enjoyed it.

      Delete