Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween themed freebie Oct 27

Halloween themed freebie:

 top ten reads that gave me the chills,

 even just a little


10. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë


9. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad



8. "The Tell-Tale Heart" - Edgar Allan Poe



7. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

 


6. Lord of the Flies - William Golding



5. Beowulf



4. 1984 - George Orwell



3. The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka



2. Frankenstein - Mark Shelley



1. Dracula - Bram Stoker



5 comments:

  1. Good choices, but I realized that I've only read 4 of them. Very sad, really. I think that I'm such a classics fiend, yet there are still so many to go. Actually I read 2 others in school, which I don't remember at all, so that would bring the total to 6. That makes me feel better. Kind of ........ ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's not sad. For whatever you have not read here, you have an extensive resume of other classics you have conquered. No worries!

      Delete
  2. I must say that you've given me plenty of food for thought, and I may have to participate in this themed-list at my new blog (which I invite you to visit and respond to the inaugural question). BTW, I find much to admire in your superb blog, so I will be visiting again often.
    http://howtoreadandwhy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I regret that I've read so few of your listed titles; I have a lot of catching up to do if I am ever to measure up to you and other book bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Blaine. I have a feeling you'll do just fine catching up. Of course, if you're like me, you'll find that your To Be Read list will grow faster than your Read list.

      Delete