Monday, July 6, 2015

Birthday Stack Has Arrived (Yay!)


June was my birthday, and I had accumulated a few Barnes and Noble gift cards.  These are the books I bought:

The History of the Church - Eusebius  

Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery - Eric Metaxas

The Living Page: Keeping Notebooks with Charlotte Mason  - Laurie Bestvater

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy - Eric Metaxas

A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe: The Mathematical Archetypes of Nature,           Art, and Science A Voyage From 1 to 10 - Michael S. Schneider

Keeping a Nature Journal - Clare Walker Leslie/Charles E. Roth

Most of these are for homeschooling ideas and encouragement or for my church history school year.  One of them is for my teenager, but I think I will be reading it along with her.   

Usually I prefer used books at Amazon.com because they are obviously cheaper, and I do not feel badly about marking in them and writing notes in the margin; however, books are nice to have brand new, especially when they are a gift.  : )

2 comments:

  1. I like used books too because they're cheaper, but I've also gotten quite a few used books with mystery stains and other physical gunk that grossed me out while reading. Some good selections in there. You planning to do a write-up of Eusebius?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the downfall of ordering used books: you don't always know what you are going to get.

      I would love to do a write up of Eusebius!

      Delete