Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want to Reread




Top Ten Books I Want To Reread: 


1. Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
Took my breath away.


2. War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy
Haven't even finished it yet, but I know I must reread it.


3. Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy
Tolstoy's characters have depth.


4. Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky
I love how Dostoevsky redeems his main character.


5. Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes
My first amazing journey through literature as a serious lit student.
I would like to experience DQ once more.



6. The Return of the Native, by Thomas Hardy
Struggled through the beginning of this, but the overall exposure was worth it.



7. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
One read is not enough; JE must be a conscious study.



8. The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton
Wharton makes it natural for readers to feel empathy for her characters.  


9. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
A  joyful and feel good read.


10. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Such a tragic story, but it left a huge impression.

Which books would you like to reread?

12 comments:

  1. Awesome choices! Many of these are my favorites and the rest are ones I hope soon to read for the first time.
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-want-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of these are on my list (not necessarily today's Top Ten Tuesday, just my reread list in general). I just reread Jane Eyre for the second time, and it's definitely a book that grows with you. I reread GWTW this past summer and that was definitely an experience. I understood many of the deep character issues better than when I was 11. :-)

    I haven't read DQ but I've experienced him in various formats (I've danced the ballet and I've performed in Man of La Mancha). He's definitely on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun! (I love ballet, too.) I have a daughter named Sophia, and she is my little ballerina in the family.

      Well, if you ever get to read DQ, I hope you enjoy it. It's off the wall.

      Delete
    2. Aww how adorable! :-) I have DQ on my CC list, so the idea is I'll get to it in the next four years.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have some books on there that are long and challenging reads. I have read Pride and prejudice but Persuasion is my favorite Austen. Jane Eyre is one of those I couldn't get interested in when I had to read it for school but hoping now I would have a greater appreciation for it. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not have enjoyed JE in school either, but I definitely got into it as an adult. I tried to reread it, but it was too soon after. I needed to let it sit. But I know I want to enjoy it again someday. Good luck giving it another try.

      Delete
  4. Great choices ...... although I could probably live happily without re-reading The Great Gatsby. I LOVE Jane Eyre. I'm struggling to find time for a re-read of it.

    Hey, you look like you just have to go back through the WEM Novel List again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Good idea going through TWEM again. But you know there are just too many books and not enough time. I have a zillion other lists I want to cover, too. Ugh!

      Delete
  5. You have a heavy Classics list - and some chunksters on there! Gone with the Wind and Gatsby are on my list too!
    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.

      I am trying to focus on the classics b/c I am terribly lacking in them. But I am starting to branch out into more modern works (hence my curiosity about Gone Girl).

      Delete
  6. Ah, I'd love to reread so many of yours! You picked a few of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete