Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mt. TBR Checkpoint #3

Since I only set my goal for 12 books, I completed my challenge back in May.   Naturally, I had time for 12 more.  However, I continued to choose new books that were not from my bookcase, and I was losing time in making up that second dozen.  I was going to fall short and cut my list back to 12 again.   Next year I am going to do better planning of my TBR list from my bookcase.  

In the meantime, to answer some questions from Bev @ MyReader’s Block:

Who has been my favorite character so far?  

Considering the books I read for my TBR list this year, the easy answer is Scarlett O’Hara from Gone With the Wind.  While Melanie Wilkes is a beautiful character, Scarlett is one-of-a-kind.  She’s feisty and insistent and charming and extremely rebellious.  She is a survivalist.  I like that about her. 

Choose 1-4 titles from your stack and using one word from the title, do an image search.  What I got:

1. Gone With the Wind

WIND
2. Great Expectations

EXPECTATIONS
3.  The Four Arthurian Romances   

ROMANCES
4.  The Age of Innocence

INNOCENCE

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely MUST read Gone With the Wind! I saw the movie and that put me off reading the book, but when I hear such rave reviews about it, it reminds me that I need to push it up my list. Thanks for the reminder and this fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to tell people, "Oh, you HAVE TO READ [such-n-such]; but, yeah! You have to read GWTW. It is epic! Then watch the movie again. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for checking in with us--and another round of congratulations for finishing your climb! And...a great big Awwww! for that last picture. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting. I am hoping to plan better for next year's TBR Challenge. And, yes, that last one is my favorite, too.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete