Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birthday Celebration & Reading Dickens in February

Now that I have finished One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez, I have more time to devour Gone with the Wind.  Originally, I had anticipated GWTW would take me three months because I had planned to go through it very cautiously.

Wow!  Did I ever misjudge a book by its cover and size!  

This book has made me so happy about reading that it gives new meaning to "cannot put it down."  

Other readers would have been done with GWTW in a week or two, I know, but my circumstances do not permit me to read as much as I desire.  Anyway, if my reading continues at this pace, I will be done much sooner than I figured, and that means I have more flexibility with my reading plans.

My intent was to start Great Expectations by Dickens later this year; however, Fanda is having a birthday party at her blog to celebrate her b-day and Dickens' b-day: Read a Dickens novel or something about Dickens in the month of February.  Therefore, this is a perfect opportunity for me to just start Great Expectations early.  


Visit Fanda Classiclit for more info.  

9 comments:

  1. Gone With the Wind is the book of my soul. I'm so glad you're loving it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inspiring me to read it. I have seen the movie several years ago, but now I understand why people say the book is SO MUCH BETTER.

      Delete
  2. You are going to love Great Expectations! It's one of my favorites from Dickens so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it's got to be good! I cannot wait.

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going for Great Expectations as well! Hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like this is a reread for you? Dickens is becoming one of my favorite authors, so I do have high expectations for this one ( no pun intended ) .

      Delete
  4. That Dickens party sounds fun! I have "What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew" on my to-read list anyway, so maybe I will go ahead and get it from the library next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your choice sounds like an entertaining read. It gets high marks in its reviews.

      Delete
  5. Sadly, I think I'll have to pass on this one because I have so many books on the go. I'll follow along though …… it will be interesting to see what everyone chooses to read.

    ReplyDelete