Monday, October 28, 2013

A Tale of Two Cities Readalong

I am very excited because I am going to commit to reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. 
Bex at An Armchair by the Sea is hosting a Readalong for December.  Ever since I read A Christmas Carol and Oliver Twist, I knew there was something I loved about Dickens, and I wanted to read more. However, I tend to need encouragement or inspiration to read something, and this will be the perfect opportunity.  So if you want to join, head over to An Armchair by the Sea and sign up.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the readalong! I'm going to read Dickens too during November & December, there's a sync read of David Copperfield in The Classics Club. It seems December is the best time to read Dickens, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read Copperfield! It's on my list. But I think I better not overcommit myself. I still have to finish Invisible Man.

      Delete
  2. One of my favorites! I hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It encourages me to hear you say so. I have high expectations for Dickens.

      Delete
  3. I'm just finishing "A Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins, for a Halloween book-read challenge. Dickens and he were friends and they gave each other a challenge to each write a book to be serialized for Dicken's publication. Collins' book was Woman in White and Dickens' wrote Tale of Two Cities. I think it was Dickens' shortest novel, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting! Well, I do not know if this is his shortest novel. When I google it, it comes up Hard Times.

      Delete