Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fifteen Day Book Blogger Challenge from Good Books and Good Wine

This is a really fun book challenge at Good Books and Good Wine:  
Fifteen days of answering book related questions!

And here they are:

Day One: Make 15 book related confessions:

1. Sometimes the only thing I wish I had to do was read books and write about them -
maybe occasionally eat and sleep in between books.  But even then, I do not really need to eat.  
Eventually I return to reality, as I do have five kids and a husband to tend to!

2. I organize my books by topic or time period, unless they are part of the The Well-Educated Mind titles, which I organize by ones I have read or will read.

3. I LOVE going to the library to get books with my kids, which we do almost every week or two.  
But I feel EXTREMELY disappointed when I cannot find a book to buy from their book sale selection.                I just wanted to spend ONE quarter - that's all!

4. As soon as I walk into Barnes & Noble, I start daydreaming about how awesome it would be if it were my house and where I could set up my bedroom, my kitchen, my reading area...

5. Ugh! I judge a book by its extremely gorgeous cover.

6. Long waits in the doctor's office do not bother me because I always have a book in hand.  
However, short waits really irk me if I wasn't able to at least get through one chapter.  
Once I finished seven chapters of Don Quixote while waiting to see my doctor.  
(O.K., maybe that was too long of a wait.) 

7. I love sharing and lending a great book to a friend; 
then I start to panic from separation anxiety until it is safely returned to me.  I'm so weird.

8.  Occasionally, I mistakenly blur reality with fiction. Soon after reading Jane Eyre, I read an article about a man who kept his wife imprisoned for a decade and instantly thought, "Mr. Rochester!"   

9. I never want to own a Kindle or Nook or whatever they are called today.  Ever!

10. Once I drove past a Scientology Center and got super excited b/c I saw a sign for "bookstore"; 
then I came to my senses.
Chances are, most of their books would be about...Scientology.  Oh!

11. I have a need to chew on something while I read: trail mix is good, 
but nails are never good, especially during a really captivating part of a story.

12. It makes me scream when my thirteen-year old borrows my books 
and leaves them all over the house: on the couch, in her bed, on the bathroom floor.  
Oh, not the bathroom floor!

13. Before I started my blog, January 2012, I was completely intimidated by the classics; 
but my mission now is to read them until the day I die or I lose my eye sight, 
whichever comes first.
Well, I just got my first pair of prescription reading glasses this year.  (Sigh)

14. I have way too many books!  I hate it when I buy a duplicate copy thinking I am adding to my home library, and then I have to find a good home for it and give it to a friend.
Life sometimes feels like a race against time to finish every book on my bookshelf.
Yes, I keep adding books when I have more than enough
to keep me occupied for the next 20 years or more.
It makes me feel rather foolish.

15. Literature is not just a story; it's an adventure and life experience!  
It is as if I have been all over the world and met a lot of people.  
Really, I am quite satisfied.

Well, what are you waiting for?  Go ahead and share your confessions about books!

3 comments:

  1. No. 1: I too, often wish that I was paid for reading and book blogging! ;)

    I join you in this challenge, but I post it at my other blog: http://bukubukufanda.blogspot.com/2013/08/15-day-book-blogger-challenge-day-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with number 7. I'm still worrying over my copy of The Great Gatsby that one of my friends currently has, even though when I let her borrow it I said "I probably won't even think about the fact that it's gone." Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm always attracted to book covers as well! So far, I've been lucky that most of the books I picked because of their covers, were ones I thoroughly enjoyed as well - namely "The Poisonwood Bible" and "A Long Long Time Ago and Essentially True". And I so agree with you on no.15 -- literature is a journey and an adventure; it's worlds of experiences, thoughts and ideas. It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete