Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fifteen Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day Three

Day Three: Who are your blogging BFFs?

Here are some of my favorite bloggers who are also going through The Well-Educated Mind list:

Christine, Christina Joy, and Jannette @ Classical Case of Madness are like the leaders of the pack, marking when they are beginning the next book on the list.  They live by a strict rule of no spoilers, make interesting connections to past literature we have covered, add interesting, thoughtful literary examination, and do it all with a twist of humor.

Adriana @ Classical Quest is working through TWEM titles at her own pace at this time, and she adds beautiful insight and clarity while posting about life and ideas.  You should see her gorgeous photography!

Fanda @ Fandaclassiclit is blazing her own trail through TWEM list, along with a million other reading challenges; she is digging through TWEM inquiry questions like an English lit professor.  Like me, she makes no qualms about spoiling the plot.

Tonia @ The Sunny Patch is also a homeschool mom who reads a lot more than just TWEM titles.  I think she reads about ten books each month.  She would say I am exaggerating.  However, she is reading along with the pack and adds lighthearted commentary about her journey, which makes it all look really easy when I know she is working super hard.

3 comments:

  1. Aw..thanks Ruth! Actually, it's you (or your blog) who encouraged me to work with TWEM at the first place. I often come here to read your posts, although I don't always leave comments. Anyway, it's nice to have someone to have the journey through TWEM with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think, when it comes to classics spoilers are okay. I share my thoughts and opinions on classics only because I want to discuss them with other classic lovers. To be honest, I'm not really promoting them to people who don't read the classic. And those who do, for the most part, have read most of the commonly known ones, so... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes total sense, which I had never looked at it that way before. And I agree, too, that my target is really to discuss the classics with people who have already read them.

      Delete