Friday, August 16, 2013

Fifteen Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day Ten

Day Ten: How Do You Choose What Book To Read Next?

That's easy!  I use The Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer.  I follow it in order, and you can find the list HERE!

However, I have also started adding other titles in between.  Sometimes I find an author that I enjoy and want to read another book by him, like I did with Mark Twain.

A friend kindly hounded me about reading The Hobbit; so I did.

And I finished O Pioneers! because I found it at a library book sale and had read so many wonderful reviews about it.  So I was tempted into reading it.

Recently, I joined a group on Goodreads that focuses on short stories and plays, so I suspect I will be reading some short stories and plays.

It occurs to me that I really don't always know how to choose my next book; I need to be told what to read, inspired, hounded, or tempted (in a good way) by positive reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment