Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fifteen Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day Nine

Day Nine: Why Do You Blog About Books?

In December of 2011, I read Susan Wise Bauer's The Well-Educated Mind, and I decided that I would read through her list of the classics.  Somewhere I read that it would be a good idea to blog about a challenge because it keeps you accountable.  I had a homeschool blog already.  So what's a book blog? Right?

 In January 2012, I started my book blog to keep me accountable to the challenge that may take me about ten years to finish.  In turn, I found my love for reading again, especially the classics that I had been avoiding, and now I have developed a love for writing about my experiences with the books I do read.


Reading is not just for entertainment or knowledge; reading is for a life experience, an adventure, and better comprehension or discernment of human nature.  I love to share what I learn through books with others who think the same way about reading.  And I even found a host of other bloggers who are on the same journey as me, which makes it all the more worthwhile to blog.

2 comments:

  1. I share the same sentiment about reading. Especially through classics, I have learned a lot about life and humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much one can learn about life and humanity by reading the classics.

      Delete