Monday, August 12, 2013

Fifteen Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day Six

Day Six: Describe how you shop for books.

This will be short.

I always keep a current list of titles that I need or want, and when I am ready to get another book:

1. I either check Amazon.com for a good, used copy; mostly I find books for a penny, plus shipping;

2. or I search the used books for sale at my local libraries; they are 25 cents per paperback;

3. or sometimes I receive gift certificates for Barnes & Noble, and several times I was able to get inexpensive B&N Classic copies of books, which were "buy two get one free."

But I never just shop for books hoping something will garner my attention.  Plus, books are ridiculously expensive, and though I LOVE books, I don't think it is a wise way to spend God's provisions.  Not at least at this place in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment